Winter Care Tips
“Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.” –Victor Hugo
Winters brings with it the happiness to indulge in hot chocolates, coffee and fried food.
It also brings the woes of dry skin and brittle hair. Flaking skin, chapped lips,
cracked heels, dandruff and hair fall.
So, here are some tips on how to keep your skin and hair healthy this winter:
- Stay hydrated – Dry hair, central heating and hot water make our skin dry. Hydrate your body with water, green tea, fruit juice and smoothies.
- Exercise – Boost your mind and skin by exercising. Exercise help in flushing out toxins from the body and keeping the skin healthy.
- No hot water – Hot water baths are very relaxing but it makes skin loose its natural moisture. Use luke warn water instead.
- Oils massage for skin – Oils like olive, almond and castor keep the skin soft and retain its natural moisture.
- Get your Vitamins – Load on green and leafy vegetables and citrus fruits to get your daily dose of Vitamin C which help boost collagen production. Also add avocados, nuts and fish to you diet to get Omega -3 fatty acids which helps in keeping your skin moist.
- Warm oil routine for hair – Keep you hair hydrated by oiling at least twice a week.
- Avoid heat styling products – Blow dryers, hair straighteners and curlers make the hair dry and brittle, so limit their usage.
A healthy diet and regular exercise regime can control the winter woes for skin and hair, so indulge in this healthy way of life.